*open to remote or in-person applicants*
Saalt empowers people to care for their periods in a healthy and sustainable way. We do this by creating high-performance products and stigma-breaking branding that engage customers and communities, pioneering the way to bring sustainable, clean period care to the mainstream consumer. Saalt invests in women and communities across the globe through period care donations, and by funding scholarships and life skills training to change generations.
As a certified B Corp, we strive to be the change we seek in the world, conduct business knowing that people and planet matter and aspire to use business as a force for good to benefit all. We create modern reusable period care without the toxins, the chemicals, and the wrappers you throw away every month. We commit to do more with less, make deliberate choices about our bodies, and believe everyone should know what their cervix is.
Our growing team is based in beautiful Boise, Idaho.
Saalt is hiring a Creative Director who loves the challenge of discovering what makes conscious consumers “click.” You’ll work with world-class creative talent and help build a brand that is both strikingly beautiful and deeply meaningful. Your goal is to translate marketing and merchandising strategies into innovative and impressive visual executions that stimulate targeted audiences. You will be involved in a wide range of projects such as product launch strategy and execution, creative briefs, website design, ad production, marketing campaign development, social asset creation, email marketing, motion graphics, corporate presentations, and photoshoots. We’ve set a high standard for our brand and are looking for someone to uphold it while increasing Saalt’s brand awareness at the forefront of period care.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, manage, and mentor the Saalt Creative Team and creative partners.
- Collaborate with the full marketing team to ideate, problem solve, and execute creative strategies to hit our goals.
- Generate ad and campaign ideas that break stigmas around periods and leaks and encourage conversations among our customers through engaging storytelling.
- Develop creative briefs to plan product launches and marketing campaigns that engage and educate through stunning branding and approachable messaging.
- Clearly identify what obstacles need to be overcome by potential customers to turn them into loyal purchasers.
- Develop ad concepts and scripts that edutain (educate and entertain) to overcome those obstacles.
- Identify the most productive customer profiles and execute creative that speaks to them like you are their best friend.
- Establish art direction by producing sketches, storyboards, moodboards, and roughs to visualize ideas for ads, photography shoots, campaigns, website layouts, and all things visual.
- Provide clear direction and feedback to partners and team to uphold brand standards.
- Execute initial creative visions and briefs for marketing assets, and be eager to jump into production or graphical execution to keep the team on schedule.
- Collaborate with our Product Development team and branding agency on brand architecture and initial packaging concepts and execution.
- Drive increased engagement and traffic through inspiring and interactive creative ad content.
- Stay up-to-date on design and marketing trends within lifestyle and beauty industries to ensure the brand stays current and relevant while maintaining and adhering to best practices.
- Revamp internal documents so our brand shines from the inside out.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Proven working experience as a Creative Director, Marketing Director, or Art Director and/or 3+ yrs design/campaign development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, graphic design, digital media, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects.
- Highly proficient in design software including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Competency in Adobe After Effects and/or Sketch is a plus.
- Knowledge of digital media, publication design, email marketing, typography, print production, and website design best practices.
- Strong understanding of file formatting and optimization for print/web/packaging production.
- Self-starter and a self-finisher, with ability to juggle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and deprioritize projects that run across an entire creative team to drive efficiency and productivity for the entire department.
- Creativity – innate ideator, natural visionary, and keen eye for visual aesthetics
- Innovation Management – excellent judgment about which creative ideas and executions will work
- Strategic Agility – future planning and can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Perseverance – an energetic drive to keep the team and company moving forward.
- Directing Others – establishes clear direction while stretching direct reports and maintaining two-way communication.
- Presentation Skills – effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports and bosses
Competitive salary & benefits.
- 401k with up to 4% matching
- 10% annual performance bonus
- Employer paid Health Insurance
- Employer paid Dental/Vision/Hearing/Life
- Flexible Work Schedule – Hours flex between 7 am-6 pm, M-F
- Team Events
- Casual Dress Code
- Flexible PTO
- In-house Preschool
- Wellness Bucks
At Saalt, we immerse our team in an exceptional work environment with opportunities to learn and grow. You will be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to ensuring your success. If you are looking to make an impact on the world, Saalt is the place for you.