Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We are in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by leading ecommerce business and teams, aiming to deliver the best expression of our brand for both customers and activists. Aligning and engaging through a compelling vison and supported by a focused customer centric strategy, you lead, inspire and empower the team to deliver against our objectives across:
- Customer & community experience and engagement rooted strong technical outdoor and supported by responsible product positioning and our grassroots activism and sports
- Team engagement and well-being and
- Business (top & bottom line).
Strategy & Visioning
- Collaboratively develop and drive the ecommerce strategy and builds annual plans, focusing on our outdoor and activist customers.
- Lead and help develop the team’s strategic roadmap and set clear objectives for project priorities
- Partner with the US team to manage EMEA project priorities and strategic technology partnerships. Work with the global teams to leverage all global functionality, processes, content
- Ensure the ecommerce business is reflective of the Patagonia brand and is meeting all commercial, brand and functional goals in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders
- Accountable for the development and implementation of a consistent, brand-enhancing and compelling end-to-end customer experience spanning from customer attraction and conversion, to retention and beyond.
- Work with relevant teams on a data and customer insights based approach for product and marketing – for sports, product and environmental impact related campaigns & storytelling on Eu.patagonia.com
- Partner with the EMEA marketing team to align marketing calendar based on global, regional and local relevance
- Ensure seamless alignment and collaboration with wholesale and retail channels to maximize market and consumer impact
- Support building processes and systems that support advancement of the analytics capabilities and deeper understanding of insights that can be actioned upon
- Guide the team to manage the project intake, exploration, scoping and implementation processes.
- Own or support ownership of key vendors and integration partners
- Create plan and bridge between eCommerce and Retail on the development of a strong Omni-Channel experience
Delivering the business
- Own eCommerce P&L and all ecommerce budget processes
- Plan and deliver upon the budgeted business objectives for ecommerce, top and bottom line, driving a sustainable and profitable business
- Set targets and manage a cross-functional effort to deliver against brand awareness, customer experience and revenue goals
- Guide ecommerce trading based on data by looking at KPIs like traffic, conversion, sales, returns etc. to identify trends and opportunities
Leading the team
- Build and align vision and strategy in an inclusive manner, making sure all voices are being heard. Create buy-in and engagement around direction and priorities. Able to translate the plan into clear team and individual objectives and deliverables
- Lead and nurture the EMEA ecommerce team and organization through a culture of safety, trust and accountability with clarity of direction and priorities
- Hire the best talent to build and run the ecommerce team.
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work
- Bachelor or Master Degree or similar years’ work experience.
- Language Skills: Fluent English, other languages an asset.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills to lead and deliver an exceptional online experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading ecommerce business
- Deep P&L management experience business with sizable revenue (Eur 30 mio +). Proven experience of starting, building, evolving a multi-market successful ecommerce business, within the EMEA region.
- Deep understanding of information architecture and user experience fundamentals, and web technology applications.
- A self-directed individual that knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Experience in digital marketing.
- Proven experience working in a regional/global matrix organization.
- Experience in leading, coaching and developing a team of teams.
- Good CRM and IT systems experience
- Possesses a positive outlook, promoting constructive responses to the challenges of work within their team.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely.
- Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships across the organization.
- A love of the outdoors
It’s a plus if you also have the following:
- Experience in working with a non European HQ
- Working experience with Salesforce (eCommerce Platform)
- Working experience with D365 (ERP System)
- Formal project management certification
Other important details:
- This is a full time position, based in Amsterdam
- We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 (full-time roles) or 2 (part-time roles) days per week
- We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role. For some roles there will also be a practical assignment, where you can showcase your skills
- Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
- Taking part in employee-lead groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
- Ongoing unique learning and development opportunities such as our own programme Earth University and workshops in anti-racism, core sports, among others.
- Possibility to apply for an Environmental Internship (spending time away from your regular job to work for an environmental group, while being paid your regular salary) after one year of employment
- Option to participate in our 1% for the Planet grants council, being trained and empowered to review and make funding decisions on the grant applications from environmental groups.
- We have dog-friendly offices where employees can bring their furry friend to work
- We are an activist company and have policies in place to support employees that want to engage in activism.
- All employees interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges
- All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform
- Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions
- After 1 month of employment, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year)
- Fully paid maternity leave (duration varies by country). After nine months of employment, we offer 12 weeks of partner leave and 12 weeks of adoptive leave. Pro-rated for part-time employees.
- Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
- Plus other benefits specific to each region
- Note: the above mentioned is only an indicative list and may change at the time an offer of employment is made.
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business. Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies