ButcherBox is a certified B Corp headquartered in Boston, and honored to be celebrating our second year in a row on Inc.’s list of Best Workplaces. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, pork raised crate-free, and wild-caught seafood directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Marketing, you will lead product management of meat and seafood products from the ideation and insights phase through launch, business planning and success metrics, as well as manage product life cycle planning, in partnership with Procurement, Commercialization, Merchandising and Marketing teams.
- In partnership with Procurement, R&D, Merchandising and Marketing teams, build out annual new product launch calendar based on business needs, revenue targets and seasonality. Work in partnership with Merchandising and Procurement to monitor success metrics to inform decisions around expanding/reducing product categories, demand planning, product discontinuation and marketing planning.
- Lead ideation and insights stage of new product development in partnership with R&D manager and procurement Inputs include competitive info, product/market trends, product performance metrics, as well as channel and seasonal needs.
- In partnership with R&D Manager and Procurement, lead new product concepting based on market trends, consumer insights, target market segments and business needs. Establish product charters, business case and success metrics.
- Act as company lead for monitoring and sharing competitive product landscape and to identifying white space opportunities
- Work in collaboration with R&D, Procurement and Regulatory to ensure all new products meet ButcherBox sourcing standards. •Work with CSR and Brand teams to prioritize strongest claims for product messaging, packaging and all marketing communications
- Create and own new product launch timelines, successfully shepherding products through ideation, getting green light, commercialization, packaging design, approvals, marketing channel planning, timely launches and product life cycle management.
- Lead new product information gathering/accuracy, claims prioritization, product differentiation and working with brand & marketing channels on messaging prioritization.
- Work with integrated planning team and channels to maximize impact of new product launches and to leverage existing products to drive growth and member retention
- Lead briefing and project management of packaging artwork development, as well as be the product expert in all brand and channel marketing discussions
- Lead discussions with channels on how to maximize opportunities for new product launches. This includes but is not limited to opportunities to leverage new products to hit key growth metrics, maximize holiday plans, and to encourage trial and repeat purchase
- Serve as point person for any issues that arise around new product launches and throughout a product’s lifecycle
- Product management experience, including experience with stage gate product development and commercialization process
- 3+ years’ experience working within a brand or product management role (B2C) with a focus on new product development and lifecycle management; experience in meat or food products a plus
- High level of comfort in collaborating and influencing team members in a cross-functional work environment
- Proven ability to build and execute on new initiatives and roadmaps each year
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently and with an exceptional attention to detail
- Hard-working and creative person who loves products, loves solving difficult problems and “getting it done”
What We Offer
We are a mission-driven company and strive to embody our values in every step of the process. ButcherBox is driven by relentless improvement, accountability, humility, and customer obsession. We want our workplace to be one of growth and learning where everyone can be safe/comfortable to show up as their authentic self to work. Anyone who loves our products and goals is welcome here! We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer aspiring to incite positive change in the pastures, the fulfillment centers, the office, and the world.
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, 20 weeks parental leave, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: Annual Learning & Development stipend, and access to a range of personal and professional coaching solutions through BetterUp
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: reimbursement for wellness activities, an exceptional EAP, fertility benefits, life insurance and more
ButcherBox is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment at all steps in the hiring process. Every qualified applicant will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are happy provide reasonable accommodations during our hiring process. Please click here if you need to request an accommodation for your interview.