For over 35 years, Aesop has carefully cultivated an inspiring and inclusive environment in which our employees are supported and encouraged to thrive. As a global retail organisation, we offer professional development and advancement opportunities to complement career goals and aspirations.
Our approach to skin care involves meticulous attention to detail, using only the most efficacious ingredients to create formulations which stir the self and senses. The same meticulous approach is taken during our recruitment process, seeking out considered and inspired individuals with a wealth of perspectives who bring out the best in themselves and others.
We aim to strike the right balance between people, planet and profit, actively reducing our footprint on the planet that generously sustains us. So far, this journey has led us to become a certified B Corp. We are committed to building a more sustainable and inclusive society.
In this role, you will provide input and recommendations on the short- & long-term marketing strategy to accelerate Aesop’s North America business under the leadership of Head of Marketing, to achieve our 5 year growth ambitions. You will play a key role in the development, implementation, and presentation of the Aesop brand in retail and digital channels and implement marketing strategies which including launch plans and pillar support calendars while tracking marketing budget spend for optimizations and efficiencies. This position requires rigorous cross-functional collaboration, working closely with our sales team leadership with a focus on omni channel marketing as well as strong partnership with global marketing, training and performance team, ecommerce team, digital brand marketing team, communication team, creative team to create, develop, execute, and evaluate marketing plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain omnichannel view of campaigns, BAU, and brand initiatives; responsible for cross-functional alignment and communication shareout on all marketing programs
- Be the strategic lead and support campaign omni-channel & cross-functional planning
- Be the strategic lead and support focus door omni-channel & cross-functional planning
- Evaluate and understand the commercial impact of marketing tactics, clearly articulate what works and what doesn’t to impact future plans
- Ensure consistent omni expression of campaigns across all consumer touchpoints, including visual merchandising, CRM, on-site, digital media, content creator partnerships, eventing
- Ensure collaboration between Digital Brand Marketing & Brand Communication teams to drive marketing priorities
- Co-create processes to reduce information silos, both within the marketing team and with other functions
- Maintain accurate files on ongoing projects, keep informed and anticipate all project milestones + timetables for new product launches / campaigns and ensure that deadlines are met in a timely manner; identify potential problems
- Direct competitive analysis of market to gain insights on key categories (skincare, fragrance, body) and new market entrants; use market knowledge to impact future launch development with global marketing
- Launch North America weekly performance tracking alongside campaign manager, with input from commercial leads. Provide omni-channel recommendations based on performance
- Hands-on involvement in sales forecasting for product newness, core skus and total categories by month, in partnership with Demand Planning team. Evaluate forecasts monthly and adjust accordingly
- Maintain view of total North America sale performance, by category, by sku, vs. LY and vs. forecast
- Partner with Head of Marketing on monthly forecasting and budget planning. Key point of contact for budget with finance. Works with finance to reconcile budget trends vs. actuals for areas within brand responsibility.
- Work closely to influence global marketing team to implement domestic applications of brand strategy and offerings; communicate market dynamics & insights. Articulate clear point of view on marketing calendar, campaign plan, brand initiatives and product newness proposed by global.
- Deep understanding of consumer insights and leverage those to inform marketing plans. Proactively collect consumer insights from across the organization to fuel strategic directives.
- Coordinate portfolio review and management by partnering with global marketing and North America cross-functional leads
- Assist Head of Marketing in preparing and presenting in leadership / global meetings as needed; opportunity for this role to independently lead presentations based on performance
- Track retail sell-thru of all launches for the first 12 weeks plus key products and categories on an ongoing basis
- Outline KPIs and benchmarks in partnership with commercial, global and S&OP teams
- Lead post-launch status reports that track performance against KPIs and provide strategic recommendations to impact future launch performance
- Prepare quarterly brand review and new products vs. basic business review as required
- Coach, manage and mentor 3 direct reports; collaborate on growth planning to develop a high-performing team
- Work with Head of Marketing and finance to recommend strategic retail pricing for new products; evaluate price increases for existing products
- Store visits on an ongoing basis
KEY REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 6+ years of omnichannel Marketing experience
- Proven record developing teams, coaching individuals, and recruiting high performers
- Self-starter with strong initiative, ownership, and accountability for business goals/financial targets
- An appreciation and understanding of the luxury industry and products
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills and be a strategic, creative, and highly analytical mind
- Team player and strong leader who is able to build relationships with cross-functional, global team members
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze multiple data sources and synthesize learnings into actionable insights
- Experience working with media agency partners, fluency in media reporting and analytics
WHAT’S ON OFFER
The annual salary range for this position is $120,000 – 140,000 annually
We take a holistic approach to employment, promoting professional development, career growth, employee wellbeing initiatives and encouraging deep connections with the local community through the Aesop Foundation, volunteering and matched giving programs.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Generous product discount allowance and bi-annual complimentary product allocation
- Paid Time Off,
- Paid volunteering allowance for all employees
- Bonus opportunity based on personal, and business, performance
- Suite of options to aid development, including complimentary access to LinkedIn Learning, in-house Product and Core skills training and study support opportunities
- Access to employee assistance programs, complimentary subscription to Headspace mindfulness app and summer hours options.
Aesop is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a creative and inclusive workplace where talent is truly recognized and rewarded. We are committed to promoting inclusion for all with the belief that diversity, inclusion and belonging plays an important role in the success of our organization. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.