At Dr. Squatch (www.drsquatch.com) we’re raising the bar on men’s personal care with our line of natural, high-performance products. We’re on a high-growth, fast-moving ride, continually introducing new product categories, launching into retailers nationwide, and growing internationally. We recently earned a Great Place to Work® Certification™ and are looking for passionate, talented people who want to join us in our mission to inspire and educate men to be happier and healthier!
About the Role:
As the Sr. Manager of Sales Strategy & Operations, you will be responsible for developing and driving strategic initiatives within retail to accelerate top line growth for Dr. Squatch. You will partner with company leadership to help identify, organize, and execute against complex strategic issues (e.g. should we prioritize one customer’s programs over another, how should we think about channel dilution and overall opportunities, how do we maximize assortment to ensure we have the most optimal customer engagement experience). You will play a leading role in the Retail Sales organization, and work closely with our Marketing, Product, Operations, and Consumer Insights teams to devise successful solution and processes that are built to scale. This role requires a team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment and is adaptable to change.
This is an incredible opportunity to join an amazing team at a start-up that has already experienced huge growth, yet also has a ton of upside potential. Check out our site; we are launching some of the most interesting and innovative products in the personal care industry and disrupting retail like no other!
This role will report to the Head of Retail Sales.
This is a full-time, hybrid role with company benefits based in Marina del Rey, CA.
The anticipated base compensation range for this role will be $120,000 to $160,000. Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and local market rates.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide strategic and operational support to leadership
- Drive and support new sales and account expansion via prioritization, territory design, and data analysis
- Participate in the development and execution of annual long range planning
- Work with internal teams to build and scale sales processes such as forecasting, territory & account planning, opportunity management, and budget attainment using various tools, data, and techniques
- Manage the Sales business review process, proactively using data and insights to drive action and improvement in sales efficiency and performance
- Implement early warning systems to help actively manage the growth of the business (i.e. qualified pipeline, funnel activity, sales performance/execution, forecasting, etc.)
- Lead discussions about weekly and monthly metrics, including leading and lagging indicators for sales pipeline, sales activities, sales execution (win rates/sales cycle)
- Maintain account and opportunity level data with the Retail Launch team to help drive forecast accuracy and success
- Lead Project Management for the Retail Team
- Work closely with cross functional teams including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product, and Operations to optimize sales flow
- Work closely with Head of Retail Sales on a variety of high priority strategic projects
- Triage and troubleshoot operational issues and optimize processes/infrastructure/ systems for scale
- Experience in a sales operations role or similar strategic function that has familiarity with Sales, Operations, and Project Management
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Excellent data analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions
- Self-starter mentality with a high degree of follow-through; can own and take tasks to completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in health and wellness, personal care, and/or eCommerce industries
- Experience working in the consumer products industry is highly preferred
- Someone who gets things done without perfect resources, is innovative, and works with a sense of urgency
- Someone who has high standards, takes ownership, and is invested in the outcome
- Someone who proactively helps others stays positive and has a good sense of humor
Who We Are:
Our core values come naturally and make us a better, more whole, and unique team. We are Scrappy – we get things done, we find a way, we act with urgency and we maintain a start-up mentality. We Play to Win – we have high standards, we encourage ownership of work, we are “hungry” and we invest in the outcome of our work. We have a Team First Mentality – we are humble, help others outside our own wheelhouse, stay positive and have fun.
We offer a competitive salary in a growth-focused & collaborative team environment. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k with Squatch match, and PTO. We also have great perks like healthy snacks, frequent company events, and of course, free products!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Squatch:
We firmly believe that Team Squatch is a place for everyone and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer who is committed to inclusion and diversity. We do not discriminate based on any characteristic protected by federal or state law. We embrace differences and are building a company and culture that is represented by a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, life experiences, and skills.
For Applicants with Disabilities. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified applicants with disabilities may participate in the application process. If you need any accommodations during the hiring process, please let us know when you submit your application and we’ll do our very best to adjust as needed.
For Information regarding Data Privacy, please review https://www.drsquatch.com/pages/privacy-policy.
Unsolicited Resume Policy. Dr. Squatch (“DRSQ”) employs an internal Talent Acquisition department. Exceptionally, DRSQ may choose to supplement that internal team with support from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and/or recruiting agencies (“Agency”). Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact DRSQ employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. DRSQ’s Talent Acquisition team is responsible for all candidate presentations to our hiring managers.
To protect the interests of all parties, Dr. Squatch will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to DRSQ, including unsolicited resumes sent to a DRSQ email address or mailing address, directly to DRSQ employees, or to DRSQ’s resume database will be considered property of Dr. Squatch.
DRSQ will not pay a placement, service or other fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. This also includes partial resumes, LinkedIn profiles, general candidate profiles, and/or candidate details or information. DRSQ will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
DRSQ’s Talent Acquisition team must provide advance written approval to an Agency to submit resumes and/or profiles for a specific job-opening, and the approval must be in conjunction with a valid fully executed staffing, placement or other service agreement. DRSQ will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have a fully executed agreement in place prior to submission, receipt and placement of candidates.