At Dr. Squatch (www.drsquatch.com) we’re raising the bar on men’s personal care with our line of natural, high-performance products. We’re on a high-growth, fast-moving ride, continually introducing new product categories, launching into retailers nationwide, and growing internationally. We recently earned a Great Place to Work® Certification™ and are looking for passionate, talented people who want to join us in our mission to inspire and educate men to be happier and healthier!
About the Role:
The Senior Marketing Manager will manage campaigns and planning for brand marketing initiatives with the goal of increasing top of mind awareness and household penetration for Dr. Squatch. We want to be the #1 men’s natural personal care brand online and at retail, and you can be an integral part of that process.
If you love bringing brands to life through great story telling and want to have an opportunity to deliver real impact, we want to hear from you. This role will be instrumental in developing our best-in-class brand plans and working across the organizational to turn them into a reality. Dr. Squatch is all about using humor and irreverence to cut through the clutter and to educate guys on the benefits of natural personal care. The ideal candidate will be able to bring wild ideas with analytical backing.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Brand Marketing.
This is a full-time, hybrid role with company benefits based out of Squatch HQ in Marina del Rey, CA.
The anticipated base compensation range for this role will be $110,000 to $140,000. Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and local market rates.
What You’ll Do:
- Work to develop annual brand plans with Sr. Director of Brand Marketing along with input from key internal stakeholders with an ability to define brand strategy and positioning through analytical skills and data driven insights.
- Define brand purpose and develop brand personality in collaboration with the Senior Director of Brand Marketing and the cross-functional team.
- Analyze customer and market trends to develop and execute brand positioning strategies. Bring these to life through compelling proposals.
- Take current strategies and plans and build scalable campaigns to drive brand awareness and familiarity with a focus on disruption and creative storytelling.
- Manage the brand and provide brand guidance while tracking and measuring performance relative to goals.
- Support in the creation and execution of annual brand budgets.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional contacts consisting of marketing, sales, finance, operations, retailers, and agency vendors.
- Help lead the creative thought process for the brand, delivering disruptive and innovative concepts that generate solutions to our key opportunities.
- Guide the content creation efforts for the brand, turning our campaigns into disruptive moments.
- Drive the on-the-ground activations for the brand, delivering impactful moments that allow us to connect with our customers (ex. Comic-Con, Stagecoach Festival, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree – ideally in Business or Marketing.
- Background in Brand Marketing, Field Marketing, Digital Marketing, and/or other role(s) that display experience bringing a brand to life.
- 7+ years combination of marketing, sales, and/or other relevant experience.
- Experience working in international eCommerce, direct-to-consumer (DTC) and/or retail fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) is preferred.
- Creativity and an ability to produce innovative and original ideas.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, while maintaining detail orientation and strong organization.
- Strong Excel and analytical skills highly preferred.
- Strong PowerPoint skills preferred.
- Strong program and project management skills preferred.
Who We Are:
Our core values come naturally and make us a better, more whole, and unique team. We are Scrappy – we get things done, we find a way, we act with urgency and we maintain a start-up mentality. We Play to Win – we have high standards, we encourage ownership of work, we are “hungry” and we invest in the outcome of our work. We have a Team First Mentality – we are humble, help others outside our own wheelhouse, stay positive and have fun.
We offer a competitive salary in a growth-focused & collaborative team environment. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k with Squatch match, and PTO. We also have great perks like healthy snacks, frequent company events, and of course, free products!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Squatch:
We firmly believe that Team Squatch is a place for everyone and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer who is committed to inclusion and diversity. We do not discriminate based on any characteristic protected by federal or state law. We embrace differences and are building a company and culture that is represented by a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, life experiences, and skills.
For Applicants with Disabilities. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified applicants with disabilities may participate in the application process. If you need any accommodations during the hiring process, please let us know when you submit your application and we’ll do our very best to adjust as needed.
For Information regarding Data Privacy, please review https://www.drsquatch.com/pages/privacy-policy.
Unsolicited Resume Policy. Dr. Squatch (“DRSQ”) employs an internal Talent Acquisition department. Exceptionally, DRSQ may choose to supplement that internal team with support from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and/or recruiting agencies (“Agency”). Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact DRSQ employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. DRSQ’s Talent Acquisition team is responsible for all candidate presentations to our hiring managers.
To protect the interests of all parties, Dr. Squatch will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to DRSQ, including unsolicited resumes sent to a DRSQ email address or mailing address, directly to DRSQ employees, or to DRSQ’s resume database will be considered property of Dr. Squatch.
DRSQ will not pay a placement, service or other fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. This also includes partial resumes, LinkedIn profiles, general candidate profiles, and/or candidate details or information. DRSQ will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
DRSQ’s Talent Acquisition team must provide advance written approval to an Agency to submit resumes and/or profiles for a specific job-opening, and the approval must be in conjunction with a valid fully executed staffing, placement or other service agreement. DRSQ will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have a fully executed agreement in place prior to submission, receipt and placement of candidates.