The Systems Engineer is responsible for engineering, designing, deploying, supporting, and maintaining the organization’s information technology hardware, software, and services and related components by performing the following duties.
- Deploys and maintains secure, scalable, and continuous systems and service availability by engineering, managing, supporting, and proactively maintaining the technology infrastructure, including networks, hardware, and software.
- Coordinates project timelines and acts as an individual contributor in approved IT infrastructure projects.
- Performs systems, storage, and network engineering at a Tier 3 level.
- Serves as an advisor to and escalation path from the Systems Administrator, Desktop Support Technician, and Field Support Technician roles.
- Performs data network (LAN/WAN) infrastructure engineering, including configuration and troubleshooting of switches, routers, firewalls, and access points.
- Performs storage network (SAN) infrastructure engineering, switch and subsystem configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Deploys, maintains, and manages messaging systems (Microsoft Exchange) and telephony/unified communications systems (Mitel/Cisco WebEx/Zoom).
- Maintains and updates the server virtualization environment (VMware vSphere) and VDI environment (VMware Horizon).
- Deploys, maintains, and updates Windows Server environments, including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, IIS, SQL Server.
- Carries out root-cause troubleshooting of server, storage, and network issues, documents findings, and remediates to prevent recurrence.
- Monitors and manages server, storage, and network performance, making modification to system parameters and performing proactive maintenance as necessary.
- Installs operating system patches and server firmware updates.
- Implements corporate cybersecurity strategy, including deployment, monitoring, updating, and maintenance of anti-virus/anti-malware/other system security solutions and coordination of periodic security audits and security penetration testing.
- Authors, implements, and maintains custom scripts to increase system efficiency and to automate operational tasks.
- Maintains data backup and disaster recovery systems, implementing periodic testing of data restoration and disaster recovery failover.
- Assists in the development of IT department policies and procedures.
- Reports any security issues encountered to Director of IT Operations and CIO.
- Participates in a rotating on-call function.
- Participates in change management process.
- Escalates technical issues, if necessary, to team leads or supervisor/manager.
- Dresses in neat and clean business casual attire; AllCare branded polo, collared shirt, V-neck, blouses or other business appropriate clothing that also allows for under desk or networking closet work.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from leadership.
- Meets all required training including those listed in Relias Learning Module System (LMS).
- Other duties as assigned.
On Call Responsibilities
This position participates in a rotating on-call process within the IT department.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations
- Network+, Security+, Cisco (CCNA/CCNP), MCP (MCSA/MCSE), VMware (VCP/VCAP), and other technological certifications are preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- This is typically for an information technology position where the entire focus of the position is on computers or the networks on which computers communicate. Has advanced skills in working with hardware, software, support, and management of computer systems and can adapt extremely well to newer applications. Has advanced skills working with programming and networking computer software and systems.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Maintains an attentive and empathetic demeanor with customers.
- Collaborates with teammates to provide professional service to customers.
- Effectively and professionally communicates with team members and customers.
- Able to cope with stressful and dynamic work situations, including prioritizing multiple tasks while maintaining deadlines.
- Able to self-resolve most conflicts or misunderstandings with minimal need for direct supervision.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Ready to Apply?
AllCare Health reserves the right to modify this job description at their discretion. The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change necessitated by business demands.