One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don’t need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
🌏 Created a fully-distributed, vibrant team of 500+ employees across 60+ countries
🌈 Established a diverse leadership team and an employee base that’s 60% female
🏆 Achieved one of the highest employee engagement scores in its class
🦄 Raised $150 million in Series C funding at a valuation of over $1 billion!
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever. That said, you must be located within +5 / -5 UTC timezones.
Oyster is looking for a talented and experienced VP of Global Sales to lead a fully-distributed, remote team. This is an exciting opportunity where you will be at the forefront of the future of work and have an opportunity become a thought leader in this rapidly growing space.
Reporting to the CRO, the VP of Global Sales will play a key role in the leadership team, enabling people through strategy, prioritization, and excellent execution. A key part of your role will be to take our customer-first, consultative sales approach to the next level while helping our established and successful team to adapt to fast-changing market conditions and customer expectations. This is a highly collaborative role where you’ll build strong relationships with other business leaders including RevOps, Partnerships, Marketing and Customer Success.
What you’ll do:
- Promote team collaboration, inclusion, and a high-performance culture
- Develop and execute a global sales strategy that drives revenue growth
- Identify market changes and coach the sales team to adapt to
- Support and guide Sales Managers and Account Executives through complex deals
- Develop short, medium and long term sales team strategy, to be presented to Executive leadership
- Create and maintain alignment to Oyster’s growth objectives
- Set up a consistent training cadence aimed to improve performance and quota attainment of the sales team as well support career development
- Drive performance discipline, including; activity, pipeline, sales management and sales best practice
- Create a coaching culture to improve sales capability and develop a growth mindset across the teams
- Coach and manage sales professionals to ensure continued development and success
- Manage the sales pipeline and ensure accurate forecasting and reporting
- Work with cross-functional leadership team to ensure a culture of sharing best practices across multiple disciplines and teams and ensure internal processes are optimized to aid the sales team to provide the best service to their customers
- Create strong feedback loops to collect information and stories for constant program improvement
- Ensure a seamless handoff experience to the Account Management and Customer Success teams post sale
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years experience in a Sales leadership role managing second level managers and a BDR team
- Deep understanding of pipeline generation; process-based selling; qualification frameworks; and revenue forecasting
- Experience supporting business development and outbound sales motions
- Knowledge of HR landscape and experience selling to HR buyer
- Experience managing a remote or fully distributed team
- Knowledge and experience in selling and managing people selling SaaS products
- Developed business acumen and the ability to successfully navigate and influence within a complex business environment
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to drive decision-making
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and challenging workload
- Proven record of recruiting and enabling top talent
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to build productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, particularly with executive-level partners
You’ll also need…
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
How we work together at Oyster:
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. 🙌 We build trust. 🤝 We thrive together. 🌍
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ —to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
How YOU work:
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we’ll get you up and running in no time!
The best jobs should be available to everyone:
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.